Patent and Law Firm YUS was ranked among the most recommended companies in Russia in the Intellectual Property practice area.
The Legal 500 specially recognized the following YUS’s experts:
Boutique practice PATENT & LAW FIRM YUS comprises over 50 specialists, among them a large number of Eurasian and Russian trade mark attorneys. Patent experts within the team are well placed to assist with all matters related to inventions, utility models and designs, such as drafting and filing new applications, prosecuting applications, managing portfolios and developing strategy. Sergey Lovtsov, Pavel Yasnitsky, Denis Levchuk and Maria Lovtsova are the names to note.
‘A great firm to work with – they advise you promptly and honestly and will always try to find a solution for your problem. Whenever I work with them, I am surprised for how little money you can get an excellent service.’
‘Maria Lovtsova is my main contact at the firm and she is always very helpful when you do not know how to best tackle a problem in Russia.’
‘Very responsive, great quality and support, exactly what you require and actually need.’
‘Denis Levchuk is a greatly skilled attorney, to the point, very intelligent, works very well.’
‘Very excellent work and communication.’
‘Very precise and top quality work. ’
Patent and Law Firm YUS was listed among the most recommended Russian companies in the Intellectual Property: Filing category.
Strong IP-focused boutique assisting with trade mark, patent, utility models and design registration applications to domestic IP authorities and sometimes also the Eurasian Patent Organization. Also handles patent and trade mark cancellation and opposition disputes. Covers a broad array of industries, including mechanical, luxury goods, electronics and biotechnology. Acts for a broad client base of international brands and local companies. Houses a large number of patent and trade mark attorneys in addition to its core legal team. Often works in cooperation with international law firms without a presence in Russia.
Clients appreciate the team's dedication, with one saying: "They're always willing to assist 100%. They're there to do everything the clients require and what is best for the client."
Another client adds: "You know that when they work on your cases, you do not have to double-check. They will provide all the information you need, without it being too complicated or excessive on details."
YUS was included in Group I of Pravo.ru-300, one of the most authoritative rankings of legal services in Russia, in two categories:
– Intellectual property (advising);
– Intellectual property (prosecution).
In the Intellectual property (protection of rights and litigation) nomination the firm was recognized in Group II.
Also, 9 specialists of YUS were included in the rankings of recommended lawyers:
- Andrei Svistov, Partner, Executive Director in the Intellectual property (advising) category;
- Denis Levchuk, Partner, Head of Patent Department in the Intellectual property (prosecution) category;
- Maria Lovtsova, Head of Legal Department in the Intellectual property (prosecution) and Intellectual property (protection of rights and litigation) categories;
- Elena Schelkunova, Head of Foreign Patent and Trademark Department in the Intellectual property (advising) and Intellectual property (prosecution) categories;
- Ruzanna Dadalyan, Head of Trademark Department in the Intellectual property (prosecution) category;
- Elena Komarova, Senior Specialist of Patent Department in the Intellectual property (prosecution) category;
- Tatiana Kopteva, Senior Specialist of Patent Department in the Intellectual property (prosecution) category;
- Anastasiya Kromkina, Senior Lawyer of Legal Department in the Intellectual property (prosecution) and Intellectual property (protection of rights and litigation) categories;
- Pavel Yasnitsky, Senior Lawyer of Legal Department in the Intellectual property (protection of rights and litigation) category.
According to the results of this annual American legal ranking, which were published on Pravo.ru-300 portal, six YUS’s specialists were recognized in such areas as Intellectual Property Law, Litigation and Franchise Law:
- Sergey Lovtsov, Founder, Managing Partner, Director General – Intellectual Property Law and Litigation categories;
- Andrei Svistov, Partner, Executive Director – Franchise Law and Intellectual Property Law categories;
- Robert Voskanyan, Advisor to Director General – Intellectual Property Law and Litigation categories;
- Vladimir Ionov, Co-founder, Partner, Senior Specialist of Patent Department – Intellectual Property Law category;
- Maria Lovtsova, Head of Legal Department – Intellectual Property Law and Litigation categories;
- Tatiana Perova, Senior Specialist of Legal Department – Intellectual Property Law category.
In The Best Legal Practices category of Kommersant Publishing House rankings, YUS was recognized as one of the most recommended companies in Russia in the Intellectual Property nomination in such areas as:
– IP Dispute Resolution;
– IP Legal Advice.
In The Best Industry Practices category, YUS was awarded in the Industry: Legal Advice for Industry Leaders nomination.
WTR 1000 awarded YUS in both nominations of the ranking:
– Firms: enforcement and litigation;
– Firms: prosecution and strategy.
Also, the following specialists were recognized in the Individuals: prosecution and strategy nomination:
Patent & Law Firm YUS is home to an army of 60 IP practitioners, including eight Eurasian patent attorneys and 24 Russian trademark and patent attorneys. The firm’s strong connections worldwide ensure it can secure protection in almost every country around the globe for a glittering catalogue of clients. Samsung, Huawei and Nestlé are just a handful of the multinationals that have enlisted it for prosecution recently, all ably assisted by a resolute team of attorneys which includes head of the foreign trademark and patent department Elena Schelkunova and senior specialist Olesya Zakharova. Legal department head Maria Lovtsova is a go-to for opposition and invalidation actions and expertise on non-traditional marks. Managing partner Sergey Lovtsov has chalked up more than four decades of experience and sets a high standard for this group of “responsive, reliable and accurate” professionals: “The people at YUS are easy to work with and their advice is well founded, thorough and transparent, and comes at a reasonablecost.”
IAM Patent 1000 recognized YUS in two nominations:
– Firms: litigation and transactions;
– Firms: prosecution.
YUS’s specialists were also awarded by the ranking:
Home to eight Eurasian patent attorneys and an impressive 25 Russian patent and trademark attorneys, Patent & Law Firm YUS provides a full-bodied patent prosecution service to a glittering international clientele. Samsung Electronics, Nestlé, Xiaomi and Airbus are among those which call on the firm for Russian patent filings; while German bottlecap manufacturer Alcopack and Russian food supplement business Biokor have also enlisted it to defend their patents and industrial designs at Rospatent. Head of inventions Denis Levchuk garners rave reviews: “Denis and his team have a personal approach and a modern way of thinking, which make it very easy to communicate. He has good social skills, his work is of a high quality and he has an extensive international network.” On the transactional side, Andrei Svistov has recently helped to get lucrative licensing deals inked on behalf of Nestlé, Bristol Myers Squibb and S7Airlines.
Denis Levchuk, Partner, Head of Patent Department was included in the 2022 edition of the IAM Global Leaders ranking.
IP Stars included Patent and Law Firm YUS in the list of the companies recommended in the Russian Federation in the following practice areas:
– Patent Prosecution;
– Trade Mark Contentious;
– Trade Mark Prosecution.
Also, IP Stars recognized YUS’s experts:
- Sergey Lovtsov, Founder, Managing Partner, Director General as Patent star 2021;
- Elena Schelkunova, Head of Foreign Patent and Trademark Department as Trade mark star 2021;
- Alexander Vilesov, Deputy Head of Patent Department, Head of Subdivision for Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals and Medicine as Notable practitioner.
In its Global Guide 2021, WWL recommends YUS’s specialists – Maria Lovtsova, Head of Legal Department and Olesya Zakharova, Senior Specialist of Foreign Patent and Trademark Department – in the IP – Trademarks category.
YUS was recognized by Leaders League among the Russian companies in four nominations:
– Patent litigation – Recommended;
– Patent prosecution – Highly recommended;
– Trademark litigation – Highly recommended;
– Trademark prosecution – Highly recommended.