Russian Patent Attorney (area of practice: inventions, utility models, industrial designs).
Eurasian Patent Attorney.
Head of Patent Department
- Legal protection of inventions, utility models and industrial designs for Russian and foreign clients;
- Patent research, including patentability search, research concerning prior art, freedom-to-operate, trends in technology development, engineering level of technology items, etc.;
- Representation of clients in courts and in the Chamber for Patent Disputes;
- Examination of the intellectual property, including judicial examination, preparation of expert opinion reviews.
- Experimental Nuclear Physics and Plasma Physics; Moscow Engineering and Physics Institute (1988–1994);
- Postgraduate Programme of Moscow Engineering and Physics Institute;
- Ph.D. in Physical and Mathematical Sciences (2000) (plasma physics and plasma chemistry).
- Before joining YUS in 2009, Denis Levchuk worked in Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics (Germany) and in the Munich office of one of the leading international IP firms.
- International Trademark Association (INTA);
- Observer of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA).
- In 2023 Denis Levchuk was included in Pravo.ru – 300 rankings of recommended lawyers in the Intellectual property (prosecution), Group I category.
- Denis has been included in the list of leading specialists in the field of Intellectual Property for many years according to the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa;
- In 2019, Denis appeared on IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists 2019;
- For several years, he has been included in the international IAM Patent 1000 list of the best patent law specialists according to the World’s Leading Patent Professionals.
What the Agency said:
“The “very strong” Denis Levchuk is singled out for his “deep insight and ability to get to grips with the particularities of any case. He replies remarkably fast and it’s really easy to discuss specific questions with him on the phone.”
“The technically gifted Denis Levchuk has “a profound knowledge of relevant case law and is as experienced as anyone around.”
“Denis Levchuk is the star draw. A proactive forward thinker, he has his finger on the pulse of legal developments.”
“All of its professionals are extremely capable in their respective fields, but Denis Levchuk is one to highlight for his deep familiarity with patent issues.”
“He is “incredibly smart”, with “an abundance of knowledge and experience in intellectual property. Both he and his firm have such a long history in the patent business – you can entrust your most important matters to him with confidence.”
“Levchuk is “a particularly skilled prosecutor” of whom one beneficiary effervesces: “I would recommend Denis without hesitation; insightful and responsive, he communicates clearly and appreciates the intricacies of Russian patent law.”
“Denis is an outstanding attorney and is greatly skilled in his particular technical fields for both prosecution and litigation matters; he is very easy to communicate with, to the point, and has a great understanding of clients’ needs – exactly what you expect and require.” “A reliable and capable partner, he is not only well prepared and responsive, but also shows that all-so-important emotional intelligence by fully understanding his clients’ needs.”
Denis Levchuk, an attorney who “perfectly understands clients’ needs, listens carefully and makes things happen”.
“Denis is a master in his technical field regarding patent practice in Europe and very specifically in Russia.” “He is proactive, straightforward and provides a high-level service, with all work being completed as promised in a cost-effective and quality manner.”
“Denis and his team have a personal approach and a modern way of thinking, which make it very easy to communicate. He has good social skills, his work is of a high quality and he has an extensive international network.”
- Denis was included in the 2022 edition of the IAM Global Leaders ranking.
- More than 20 publications in the field of plasma physics, solid state physics and materials science.