Russian Patent and Trademark Attorney (inventions and utility models, designs, trademarks, appellations of origin).
Eurasian Patent Attorney.
Founder, Managing Partner
- IP rights protection in administrative and judicial agencies of the Russian Federation;
- Development of methodological recommendations;
- Patent research, etc.
- Physics; Lomonosov Moscow State University (1969–1975);
- Postgraduate programme of the Russian State Institute of Intellectual Property;
- Ph.D. in Law (2004).
- From 1980 to 1994, Sergey Lovtsov worked in the USSR Patent and Trademark Office, in the USSR State Committee for Inventions and Discoveries (Department of Discoveries). He was Head of the Department of Science and Technology of the USSR State Committee for Inventions and Discoveries. In 1994, Sergey Lovtsov founded YUS and has headed the company to this date.
- International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Since 2009 Sergey Lovtsov has been listed by Best Lawyers rankings in Intellectual Property Law and Litigation categories.
- For many years The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa has been ranking Sergey Lovtsov among the leading IP experts.
- For many years running Sergey Lovtsov has been recognized by WTR-1000 (The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals) in Individuals: prosecution and strategy category.
- In 2022 was included in WIPR Leaders rankings in Patents and Trademarks categories.
- Numerous times was listed in IP Stars international rankings among IP experts in patent law. In 2021 Sergey Lovtsov was recognized as Patent star.
- In 2016 and 2017 releases, Chambers & Partners named Sergey Lovtsov the key expert in patent law.
What the Agency said:
“Sergey Lovtsov is a renowned name in the IP world and publishes widely on hot prosecution and litigation topics”.
- Dozens of publications on various IP prosecution and litigation issues.